The United States Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation is an IRS approved 501(c)(4) non-profit membership organization to which donations are not tax-deductible. (The Federation) Bids placed through this site (www.bid.soobahkdo.org) are not tax-deductible.
The United States Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan FOUNDATION is an IRS approved 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit entity to which donations are tax-deductible. (The FOUNDATION) Donations submitted through www.soobahkdofoundation.org are tax deductible.
This site (www.bid.soobahkdo.org) is dedicated to receiving donations from members and supporters who are expressing their financial support for the mission objectives and chartered purposes of the Federation and/or the Foundation.
Members from every region can participate in the USA National Festival bidding process similar to the bidding process used to select the host country for the Olympic Games, but the Federation process is win, win for all bidders.
The U.S. Federation's bidding process is win, win with no risk for bidders.
- Select your preferred year and destination and place your bid before the bidding period ends. Be sure to tell your fellow classmates and region members to bid and help bring the Nationals to your preferred destination!
- You can bid more than once as long as the bidding process is open. For example, you may want to submit additional bids for your preferred destination if you notice that it is trailing behind other destinations.
- You can also bid for more than one location; however, when the bidding closes, the destination with the greatest total amount of bids will be the location targeted for that year’s National Festival.*
- Your bid amount will automatically be increased by 25% in additional credit!**
- When you have bid for a destination that DOES NOT WIN, then your actual bid amount will be refunded in full if you request it OR you can apply your bid amount PLUS your 25% in additional credit toward attending the event at the winning destination, or toward any other event, or toward your Federation dues, or toward other fees or product orders during the redemption period defined by the Federation. There is no risk to you.
- For example, lets say you bid $1000 toward your preferred destination and you get $250 in additional credit and your destination DOES NOT WIN. Then you can request your $1000 refund OR instead of losing your 25% additional credit, you might consider applying your $1250 credit toward the event fees to attend the event at the winning destination or toward a Lifetime Membership or a Lifetime Institute Subscription, etc. during the redemption period defined by the Federation. You win just by bidding. You can’t lose!
- You can even PLEDGE your bid amount without cash, but you do not earn the 25% bonus on PLEDGES. To PLEDGE a bid, just email your name and contact info plus your PLEDGE amount to email@example.com and Headquarters staff will document your PLEDGE on your member record and update the progress bar for your preferred destination.
*The Finance Committee and Board of Directors will review winning destinations to assure event viability before contracting it
**25% additional credit does not display on the website, but is added to your member ledger at Headquarters.